last update: 25-May-2018
Who we are
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’ or “Company”), that means DealDoodle.co.uk. The data controller in respect of Dealdoodle.co.uk is Octa Tech LLC, a limited company registed in the USA.
If you have any question about this privacy and policy, you can either submit your request via contact us page or sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect your data
When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be categorised into the following:
i. Information we collect when you interact with our website
When you register an account on our site, we collect the following information, your name, email address and password (We do not view your password).
If you do not provide the mandatory information required, you will not able to create an account on our website. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites or services.
Information you submit to us on our website will be stored within the European Economic Area on our third party hosting provider’s servers in the United Kingdom.
ii. information we collection when you contact us
When you send an email to email address displayed on our website, we collection your email address and any other information your provide in that email, such as your name, telephone number and information contained in any signature block in your email.
We use Google business email service as a third party email provider to store emails you send us.
iii. Information we collect automatically
We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible.
iv. Information we get from third parties
Generally, we do not receive information about you from third parties. The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners. We use this information to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Information we obtain from third parties will generally be your name and contact details, but will include any additional information about you which they provide to us.
We may also collect personal data and other information based on your use of the Services:
- The nature of the product or service requested or purchased
- How you connect to our Services, such as your IP address, unique device identifiers, device or session IDs, and information regarding the network and connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device)
- Browsing, shopping, and purchase history
- Your geolocation
- Click data (the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through our Services, or the products you click on)
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
vi. Links to other websites
Our website will contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How we secure your information
Security is a priority for us when it comes to your personal data. We’re committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure your information and to protect it against unauthorised or unlawful use and accidental loss or destruction, including:
- only sharing and providing access to your information to the minimum extent necessary, subject to confidentiality restrictions where appropriate, and on an anonymised basis wherever possible;
- using secure servers to store your information;
- verifying the identity of any individual who requests access to information prior to granting them access to information; and
- using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software or other similar encryption technologies to encrypt any payment transactions you make on or via our website.
How long we retain your information
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
Your rights in relation to your information
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights and choices relating to it. you have the following rights in relation to your information, which you can send an email to email@example.com
- to request access to your information and information related to our use and processing of your information;
- to request the correction or deletion of your information;
- to request that we restrict our use of your information;
- to receive information which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (e.g. a CSV file) and the right to have that information transferred to another data controller
- to object to the processing of your information for certain to withdraw your consent to our use of your information at any time where we rely on your consent to use or process that information